Search the forum,

Discuss Cleaner spilt bleach onto sealed travertine floor... left dull patch... How to repair? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
My kitchen has a travertine floor. When it was installed ~2 years back I sealed it with one of the sealants that soaks into the stone: I put many layers of this on. My cleaner has now spilt bleach onto it. This has left a dull patch of stone (see the dull shape in the attached photo).

Firstly, could this be damaged sealant rather than damaged stone? Could adding more sealant help or will that just make it harder to repair? How should we go about sealing it?

Secondly, how comes the sealant has not protected the floor from this happening? Would adding a surface sealant on top have helped?

Any suggestions would be really very much appreciated: the wife is not a happy bunny.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG-20200229-WA0002.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 32

Reply to Cleaner spilt bleach onto sealed travertine floor... left dull patch... How to repair? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen