Currently reading:
Carpet Protector

Discuss Carpet Protector in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I can't remember. I think it's 50mtrs but could be wrong. For me it's all about the sticky. It does what it says on the tin, nice and thick as well. I've tried the cheaper ones, as you say not sticky, also you come back the next day and they have all come up. The topps one does last the entire job, which for me is better value.

S

Spare Tool

I can't remember. I think it's 50mtrs but could be wrong. For me it's all about the sticky. It does what it says on the tin, nice and thick as well. I've tried the cheaper ones, as you say not sticky, also you come back the next day and they have all come up. The topps one does last the entire job, which for me is better value.
Obviously you get what you pay for, already ditched my roll in the bin...£15 down the drain, I will be leaving a negative feedback :|

O

Old Mod

Check the carpet is not wool, cannot use on these type of carpet !!!
Yep, bang on!
Wool carpets & sticky backed plastic don't mix.
If there's a glue residue left behind, use something else more sticky to get it off!
Strange but true, gaffa tape normally haha
Get a set of stair expanding bars from dave at Tradetiler and his stair runners, they're canvas and good value.
They don't care if the carpets are wool and they are reusable!
And u can't get plastic backed stair runners, health and safety nightmare!
image.jpeg

O

Old Mod

I was looking at then online. Thought they would make it safer for the house owners moving up and down. Always worried they'll tip themselves over the dust sheets. So they keep the sheet in place well Marc.
Yes mate, with normal use of staircase, if u've got idiots running up and down all day then the sheet tends to track sideways a bit, but poles stay in place.

Reply to Carpet Protector in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement