Currently reading:
Cappucino marble 450x300 wall tiles adhesive help

Discuss Cappucino marble 450x300 wall tiles adhesive help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

John the spark

Hi all, this is my 1st post on here, been searching for an answer for 2 weeks to this, so thanks in advance.

I am about to begin tiling my bathroom with 450x300 marble.
Walls are stud partition, lined with 10mm.ply, plasterboarded, with 6mm marmox boards stuck with tile addy and screwed to the ply with marmox washers (I was told this was fine by marmox tech support, they only say 10mm min so people don't use the 6mm direct to stud work).

i am planning to use keraflex maxi white to fix the stone.

from what I've seen on these forums this is the way to go, just wanted to be sure before I order,
as it states on the mapei info, suitable for stone (provided not sensitive to moisture)' not sure what this means

also will I have to back butter the stone, if so do I do this with notched trowel & walls with notched

thanks, John

Hi John sounds ok, a bit of overkill on the wall prep but hey ho, as for the adhesive, it will be fine, by sensitive to moisture they mean a stone / tile that could stain, as for fixing, use a 10mm notched trowel ( minimum in my opinion ) and back butter the back of the tilw with the flat side of the trowel, as if buttering bread.
Hope that helps.

Oh, work clean, wipe off any adhesive with a damp sponge as you go, allow the adhesive to dry out totally before sealing the stone.

J

John the spark

Hi John sounds ok, a bit of overkill on the wall prep but hey ho, as for the adhesive, it will be fine, by sensitive to moisture they mean a stone / tile that could stain, as for fixing, use a 10mm notched trowel ( minimum in my opinion ) and back butter the back of the tilw with the flat side of the trowel, as if buttering bread.
Hope that helps.

Oh, work clean, wipe off any adhesive with a damp sponge as you go, allow the adhesive to dry out totally before sealing the stone.

Hi Alan, thanks for the advice helps a lot

J

John the spark

Hi and welcome....Your nearly bringing your walls out by 30mm with the ply, plasterboard and marmox.

Could've had 300mm studs centres for the 10mm marmox.

Hi, yeah didnt realise about the weight issue till the walls were boarded and skimmed, couldnt bring myself to strip it all back to the stud, so went with the 6mm marmox, you live and learn..

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
Hi Andy, and thanks, as Alan says i will be taking my time (bathroom is weekend distraction from running electrical contracting business) will standard keraflex maxi do the job?

Hi John, if you've got Mapie your better off phoning the technical line to see if its Suitable for what you are tiling.i don't use Mapie mate so not sure? Pay someone to do it an have the weekend off.. ;)

J

John the spark

Hi John, if you've got Mapie your better off phoning the technical line to see if its Suitable for what you are tiling.i don't use Mapie mate so not sure? Pay someone to do it an have the weekend off.. ;)

hi Andy, rang mapei today, they said keraflex maxi was the way to go, they also confirmed the stuff b&q have badged as mapei super flexible adhesive is keraflex maxi.

thanks

John

Reply to Cappucino marble 450x300 wall tiles adhesive help in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.