Search the forum,

Discuss Build shower pan over old wall tile? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Hello,
First time posting. I'm helping a friend of a friend who recently had a basement shower installed, and unfortunately the contractor who did it was completely incompetent. The floor of the shower is tile, and there is no slope to the drain (in fact if anything, there is a hump drawing water away from the drain). I'm planning to rip the old floor out and build a new pan, but my question is: do I have to remove the first row of tiles from the wall (which of course means I need to find the matching tile to reinstall), or would it be ok to build the pan over the existing tile?
Thanks!
John

Reply to Build shower pan over old wall tile? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views

Advertisement