Search the forum,

Discuss British Ceramic Tiles - They actually want our feedback in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Wow! It seems the power of social media has had some effect!

I try to keep the forum Twitter account ticking over and recently the issue of how bad BCT (British Ceramic Tiles) are for us tilers.

BCT have openly put it out there wanting feedback from us.....

Screenshot_20180209-225540.png

So please either respond to this thread with as much detail as possible and I'm happy to take this forward on your behalf, or respond to the BCT tweet directly.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
They won't listen, I know may a tiler who has posted negative comments o. There FB page, all get the standard response and withing a week or so they just delete the comments and no more is said or done

Q

Qwerty

Ok, but if you don't try and voice your opinion when they have openly asked for it, when can you? This is an opportunity to put those BCT rants into constructive criticism for them.

F

Flintstone

What are they really going to do, alter there’s manufacturing process? They surely know how poor they are

H

hmtiling

I, personally, think they are the best quality, sized, shaded, straight and printed without error tiles I've ever used. So if they'd like to send me a free pallet to be used as hardcore for my extension I'd be willing to lie on other platforms too

O

On one

Wow! It seems the power of social media has had some effect!

I try to keep the forum Twitter account ticking over and recently the issue of how bad BCT (British Ceramic Tiles) are for us tilers.

BCT have openly put it out there wanting feedback from us.....

View attachment 96666

So please either respond to this thread with as much detail as possible and I'm happy to take this forward on your behalf, or respond to the BCT tweet directly.
This could be a long running thead!

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I like the fact that if your bed of adhesive goes over 6mm they let you know by cracking a few weeks later.

This time of year the kids bedroom window gets lots of condensation. If you dry lay a few m2 of bct (use the ones you couldn’t possibly use on the job) they act as dehumidifiers

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
BCT's quality control is abismal to say the least.

I have complained direct on they're FB page and they tried to reply via messenger and not in the post i posted.

The list of faults goes on from planetising like bowls and printing error to tile face and surface bubbling , mass production with what seems little quality control.

One of the biggest issues is sizing of tiles , some can be as much as 3mm i have found , imho its just not acceptable.

But as usual it just falls on deaf ears...

Reply to British Ceramic Tiles - They actually want our feedback in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen