Currently reading:
Black grouting

Search the forum,

Discuss Black grouting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all at the forum. I haven't been on for a while as I've had all sorts of things going on in my life, some good and loads bad. I've just tiled a shower cubicle and a bathroom floor. what turned out to be a good simple job turned out to be a nightmare. The shower tiles are A gloss white bevelled brick tile done in brick bond and the floor is a white matt ceramic. layed all of them great. Then came the grouting. BLACK GROUT. I ended up like a chimney sweep with soot everywhere. Didn't matter how carefull I was, it still got in places it shouldn't. In the end I had to get my partner in who is good at cleaning ,to bring the bathroom back to its glory . Looks good now but if I ever have to grout with black again I will add on a couple of days to the price . Has anyone else had problems with black grouting?

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
be prepared for it and its not that bad i have only learnt that from using it lots of times though lol

extra sheeting right through customers house,keep a plastic bag with floats and bucket trowels seperate in your van
buy disposable gloves or marigolds and keep as well and same with sponges

basically keep a black kit for your black gtouting jobs seperate and you should be fine

Reply to Black grouting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.