Discuss Best all round blade for grinder? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

icctiling

Hi all

have found myself working with more and more porcelain and want some input to new blades on the market for porcelain.

also a good general all round blade just for the toolbox

Which blade/s do you professional tilers use with your grinders?

Thanks in advance

Q

Qwerty

Montolit CH115 ProGres blade and an ATS turbo blade. Also got a Montolit Squadro for tighter cuts

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Never tried tha above mentioned blades.......but I have been using Marcrist blades for a few years now. :thumbsup:

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Found this a good blade for porcelain http://www.atsdiamondtools.co.uk/node/33

Alan from ATS sent me 2 of the above blades by mistake. They are excellent in the angle grinder, as good as a wet cut. Superb value for money. Thanks Alan for sending me my original blade order too.

Honestly Icctiing, save your money and just go with ATS. I've spent so much money on CK850's, but now only buy from ATS.

J

Just Rizzle

marcrist for me tend to replace them every 6 weeks or so never let them get to low as the quality of cut reduces as i use a 110 grinder i cool them down by holding a damp sponge against the blade much faster and easier than a wet table cutter also reduces the dust, my grinder is the best tool in my box. can cut holes as good as a hole cutter with a ball hammer years of practice. lol

S

Stef

might be an obvious question but how are the ats blades so cheap? In comparison with marcrist or monolit etc??

Because Alan sells them direct with no middle men to take a chunk of your cash.
Don't get me wrong the pro-gres is a cracking blade & far superior than a marcrist blade but the ATS blades are up there with the pro-gres.
Even the cores from ATS are the best I have used & are pennies compared to some others.
I tested the dry cores for them & they are a serious bit of kit..

Reply to Best all round blade for grinder? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks