Currently reading:
Bathroom Refit Questions

Discuss Bathroom Refit Questions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

J4CK THE RIPPER

Started a complete bathroom refit and just wanted to ask a few questions.

1. Brought Topps new tanking kit (homelux waterproof matting) for around showerbath area 5 m2 the topps rep recomended using rapidset flexible to fit matting would it be ok to use BAL Grip ready mixed to tile over matting?

2. When removing old tiles large areas of plaster had blown on one part of wall i knocked all the lose stuff and was going to plaster with one coat plaster is this ok to tile onto?

3. On the floor i have removed floor boards and was going to reinforce the joists with noggiins and use tonge and groove chipboard 18mm then coat the back and edges of 12mm plywith BAL bond SBR and screw over the top at 300 centers. Would BAL rapidset flexi and microflex wide joint grout be ok to use?

I have done some research on what materials would be best to use but would like some experienced advice (and tips).

Thank You in advance.:thumbsup:

J

J4CK THE RIPPER

Ok mate got ya i think the floor is going to be well solid enough but i understand about the garantee. BS may aswell be 18mm as i cant find 15mm plly anywhere. I will use cement based addy for the matting thanks for advice.

By the way what are your thoughts on waterproof matting as i know alot of tilers use the paint on stuff.I can see more benefits from matting cheaper, tile onto straight away etc.

Reply to Bathroom Refit Questions in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.