Search the forum,

Discuss bad problem solving in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

richie b

when i worked in nz i was on a job with my boss doug, on our luch break one monday the lady next door asked us to have a look at her floor tiles wich had been laid by other tilers weeks befor, the tiles had been replaiced twice due to them and the grout cracking, we had a look and there was a bounce in the floor doug said he will sort it out for her when he gets the time and we left,

at the end of the week she came over to thank doug for doing a good job on sorting the problem confused i asked him were he found the time to take up tiles sort the floor new tile underlay relay etc,because he was with me all week, he said i didnt do all that i just took up the lose ones and stuck new ones down with silicone that will sort it, i couldnt believe it, surely they wont stay down long

S

Scott the tiler

I have repaired too many of these types of floors. Silicon will always cause a bounce & crack the grout!!!!

Reply to bad problem solving in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen