Search the forum,

Discuss Bad Granfix products, bad rep in Cornwall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

judy manning

My partner is an experienced and respected property developer. He used Granfix adhesives, as supplied and recommended by his respected tile supplier, to fix tiles on the floor of a new build completed and sold recently. The property is constructed to a high specification using high grade materials. The new owner is delighted with his high-end purchase.

The tiles my partner laid have completely lifted from the floor, as if no adhesive had even been used! The supplier of the Granfix products suggested that it could only have been a faulty batch of adhesive and complementary products, since these were used to the exact specification stated on the labelling.

The Granfix rep was called in. He refused to take any responsibility for the Granfix products' failure, accusing my partner of lying about using the correct products, citing poor construction of the floor, and then recommending he redid the job by refixing the floor and using 3 times the strength of product recommended on the labelling! Wow!:thumbsdown:

My partner just has to get on with the job. In these days of recession it is amazing that a major product manufacturer can have such low regard for its rapidly declining customer base.

I wonder has anybody else had such a problem with Granfix?

D

diamondtiling

I have used Granfix for many years and had no problems. I know the MD very well and also Jim in the technical department. For the tiles to come up with no adhesive on them whatsoever is strange and suggests floor prep problems.

:thumbsdown:

D

doug boardley

I have used Granfix for many years and had no problems. I know the MD very well and also Jim in the technical department. For the tiles to come up with no adhesive on them whatsoever is strange and suggests floor prep problems.

:thumbsdown:
or dust on the tile biscuit:smilewinkgrin:

G

Gazzer

I cant see how we can offer any real help without know excatly what prep work has been used and all products...Ply? Backer boards ? Primers etc ?

Reply to Bad Granfix products, bad rep in Cornwall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen