Currently reading:
B&Q Tradepoint

Discuss B&Q Tradepoint in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

I am so annoyed by this... just the principle of it... B&Q with its self service tills in Scarborough is bad enough, but I opened a trade account after the NETT course and accumulated about £15 worth of B&Q discount, that would only be paid out after £50 is accumulated.

Anyhow, I go in to get some expanding foam and garage paint, (vaguely remembering some letter about the change-over to trade point) get told I'd get a new card in the post and use this temporary one they gave me, and informed how wonderful it is, that I'd get the trade discount straight away from now on, great, I think, that's easy enough then.
Next get told that neither expanding foam nor garage floor paint qualifies for a trade discount, get given a catalogue so I can learn what is, yipee, I ask what happens to my £15 or so I had acumulated, and get told that any moneys not reaching £50 would be voided, i.e. I won't get it, no-one due their trade discount accumulations will get theirs, even if it was £49.99, it would just be tough. Just like that. Ok, the £15 quid are neither here nor there, but how many small traders will have gone into B&Q just to get their little discount added up? Smart practice, totally disgusting in my book, basically a false promise. They are just getting worse, the staff is embarassed, and hate the self-service till hassle just as much... boy, they B&Q powers that be need to reread the book about customer service again... :thumbsdown:

U

user123

its a funny sort of discount

you pay the full price and then every now and then they send you some vouchers to spend in their store, if I remember rightly it was 2.5% of total spend

I was too busy laughing at them to take it seriously

it may have changed I dont know as I dont go in therte unless im returning something a client has bought and I wont use

That was the old system, Mike, all change now... all pants either way..

D

DHTiling

The Trade point is basicly Trade only.. they have their own items for sale via the catalogue and you do not go onto the shop floor to purchase .. this will cost you more money.. you choose from the catalogue then pay at the trade point till..

I used it last week and saved a fortune.. :)

This was in the wharehouse store , so not sure how the super stores operate.. but they are a lot cheaper on a lot of trade prices..

U

user123

The Trade point is basicly Trade only.. they have their own items for sale via the catalogue and you do not go onto the shop floor to purchase .. this will cost you more money.. you choose from the catalogue then pay at the trade point till..

I used it last week and saved a fortune.. :)

This was in the wharehouse store , so not sure how the super stores operate.. but they are a lot cheaper on a lot of trade prices..

We only have a mini B&Q here.. she did say I could order from the catalogue and it would be there in two days to pick up... hmmpf...

M

mikethetile

they had to change it G

it was a joke but by the sound of it they came up with an even more ridiculous scheme

I was at the trade counter asking about the trade card and every answer they gave me was met with another question, I couldnt believe my ears

I could hear the sound of realisation in the queue behind me as people realised what a crap deal it was and they were all being mugged

one guy approached me in the car park and asked where he could get 20% as he was in the trade

I took great delight in pointing him towards my usual suppliers

I think its quite good. The one i go to is a big whearhouse one and some of the prices in the catalogue are really good. You get massive discounts on the kitchens and bathrooms if your doing your own or family's, friends etc. I use it for little things like screws etc. I know the plaster's i know can get multi finish and board finish cheaper than anywhere else if they buy 10 or more bags.
Its defo worth signing up for though, it doesn't cost anything.

R

redlee

Dont know about the old tradepoint but the new one is a good thing, i got a bosch fein copy for under £50 when i first opened my account way cheaper than the normal instore price and the local builders merchants, plasterboard is better priced than the local builders merchants as well and a customer saved £15 using my card to buy an already cheap electric shower. I like having a seperate entrance and tills for trade as it tends to be quicker to get in and out, have 3 warehouses all with tradepoint within 10 miles of home and although they get a lot of stick they do come in handy.

Reply to B&Q Tradepoint in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.