Currently reading:
Amtico floor preparation - Joint feathering compound question

Discuss Amtico floor preparation - Joint feathering compound question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tobyfin

I'm preparing the floor of our bathroom prior to putting down some Amtico tiles. I'm putting down a couple of sheets of 6mm WBP ply and my question is : is there any smoothing / feathering compound I can buy in small tubs to do the joints between the boards? It just seems overkill to buy a large bag of, say, Ardex Feathering compound to do approx 4m of joints. Someone I know jokingly suggested I use car body filler ( I happen to have a large tub of it ) but I'm now wondering whether it was that daft an idea. Does it really matter what product is used as long as it can be sanded flat? The Amtico instructions just refer to " a suitable acrylic smoothing compound".

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Reply to Amtico floor preparation - Joint feathering compound question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.