Search the forum,

Discuss Adhesive for steel plate. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

afright

TF
Reaction score
Just need a little bit of advice,I am tiling a balcony(280 m2)of a large seafront bar,the first phase is nearly complete, the screeders will be starting to screed the second phase tomorrow and there is a height issue at the point where there is two flights of stairs leading from the garden area,these stairs are made of steel,and because of the height the owner has now decided to tile them,I have tiled to steel plate before using an epoxy adhesive this was many years ago and I think the epoxy was made by Ardex,I would like a bit of info on what products would be ideal for this situation or is it a bad idea,have tried to talk him out of it but with no success.

afright

TF
Reaction score
Well did not get any replys to this ,I have talked to my local CTD rep and he as said that fast flex would be ok, not a lover of the stuff but if thats what I have to use then so be it.

A

aphilp

I would ring Ardex Technical Deparment as they are always extremely helpful

Best Wishes

Anne

afright

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for info Anne I was thinking of contacting Ardex ,Lee I have never used Tilemaster so could you give me a little more info ,is Ultimate an epoxy,fastflex or an spf ?.

Last edited:
P

Perry

bal told me to use balflex about 20 years ago I presume things haven't changed. mind you it been 15 years since i read there tec sheets.

J

J Sid

I am petty sure that one of the weber adhesives with there primer was ok,
Broken Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Adhesive for steel plate. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen