Search the forum,

Discuss A walk-in shower tiling on plasterboard in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am about to tile a walk-in shower with 30x60 wall tiles that resemble coffered concrete planks. I’ve put a straight edge against the plasterboard wall (tanked) and can see that over the 2m length it bows in by about 10mm in the middle and then back out.

Will I need to rough skim with plaster in the middle to take the hollow out of the wall? If so, what is the best product to do that?

Alternatively, can I risk taking that depth out with tile adhesive or will I be pushing my luck?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Reaction score
Hi
If I were you I would skim the plasterboard with the adhesive you will be using to get it as level as you can, Wait for it to set then tile away as normal.
Hope that helps

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi Welcome to the forum, did you start your project?

Reply to A walk-in shower tiling on plasterboard in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen