Search the forum,

Discuss 800x800 large format tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Kevdoc

-
Reaction score
First time Post but much needed advice.
I'm a gas engineer/plumber to trade and so I know all too well, each man to their trade. That being said , I have a time sensitive floor needing tiled (mines) and I can't get a tiler in time. So I'm going to do it myself. I have done tiling myself before so have an ok level of competence.

Its for my floor area in the living room its 110 meters squared , the wife chose 800x800 porcelain tiles.(yeah big job and i should get a tiler)

First question , any tips ?

What size trowel should I use ? 10mm ?

Cutting the tiles, dry blade on angle grinder for parts ? Slide cutter for straights ?

Reaction score
I'd use a 10mm half round notched trowel. Back butter the tiles and look to use a levelling clip system. Score and snap any straight cuts. I use a really thin (similar to rubi tvh turbo viper) diamond blade in a grinder for any 'L' shape cuts.. etc but still score and cut inside the scoreline to minimise chipping if that makes sense. 👍

Reply to 800x800 large format tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen