Search the forum,

Discuss 6mm ply - floating floor - 55qm - deflection free? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Tam

TF
Ayrshire
Evening all,just looking for others opinions on this subject. So today I turned up at a job to tile a kitchen floor only to find it has been covered in 6mm ply after I recommend cement board or backer board be put down,it's screwed down every 6 inches with drywall screws and they have clearly not taken as they all just spin when I put a drill on them,tiles are 60x 60 porcelain and no way I'm taking the chance so walked away,I was just wondering though if it was all screwed down properly would it be ok to put down some matting then tile onto or just rip up the lot and start again, any info on this would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Reply to 6mm ply - floating floor - 55qm - deflection free? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for tiling.I have removed the floor boards and plan to lay 18mm WBP plywood.The question is, what...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement