Currently reading:
500mm x 500mm B&Q Black Porcelain tiles, Advice...

Search the forum,

Discuss 500mm x 500mm B&Q Black Porcelain tiles, Advice... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

j8yba

Hi Guys

Im about to purchase 55 sqm of black polished porcelain tiles from B&Q, they're priced at £10 a sqm, with 15% off, plus i have an additional 20% off, so im looking at £6.50 a square metre.

Correct me if im wrong, but this is a pretty good deal isnt it? the tiles are 500mm x 500mm, and have transit wax on.

So, my question is, is there anything to watch out for with these tiles, and what is the process of removing the transit wax and when to seal?

Obviously ill look to get a professional in to lay the floor, but anything i can do beforehand to save costs is a benefit.

thanks

J

jjoc

j8yba - are these the tiles you are using on a retail shop? if so I would say think really hard before you do. polished black porcelain tiles are extremely hard to keep clean an smear or footprint shows up like hell on them. Just thinking with it being a shop or whatever the floor is going to constantly look dirty, serious cleaning will be required to keep it looking decent. If theyre not for a shop, ignore me!!

mick2

TF
from what i know a company called ceramic prints supplied b&q and they lost the contract to supply them,they would only sell to b&q and not the public untill b&q discontinued them, they have now been taken over by british ceramic tile there number is
telephoneNumber.gif
or was, they have a warehouse by us and sell job lots to the public if you are struggling i will go over and have a look.

Reply to 500mm x 500mm B&Q Black Porcelain tiles, Advice... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.