Currently reading:
2mm (1/8") 'Y' spacers for octagonal tiles

Search the forum,

Discuss 2mm (1/8") 'Y' spacers for octagonal tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

ecclescake

Hi,
Could anyone tell me where I can buy 2mm (1/8") 'Y' shaped spacers for octagonal tiles?

I'm a bit stuck because I can't find them anywhere. I'm going to lay original style victorian octagonal tiles and their fixing guide recommends 2mm spacers, I just can't seem to find any. I'm a bit stuck because I've actually bought the tiles now and had plans done based on 2mm spacers. Please help!

Thanks.:mad2:

E

ecclescake

Although there are a few experts on here, regarding projects like yours, if you need some advice on how to proceed, I can 100% recommend giving tilersforums.com | Tile Forums | Tiling Forum - View Profile: timeless john a polite PM.

Thanks I will.

Just revisted the orig style fixing guide and it says "lay the larger tiles first with 2mm (1/6”) spacers between them".

Clearly as my calculator has just told me, these are two different measurements. That's useful!:oops:

T

Time's Ran Out

I have just picked up a PM from Sandra for this thread and replied.
With the Original Style tiles I find that it is advisable to screed a small 1sq metre area of prepared floor at a time lay all the Octagonals with the 2mm spacers and get them straight!
You can then infill the smaller numerous little pieces while the adhesive is still 'wet' - however this spacing is generally done by eye and the self spacing of the individual pieces
It is often not possible with the size of some of these tiles to put a 2mm spacer in the joint (even in the removable/reusable position) without pushing the tile out of alignment!
Just thought I'd add my old threepenny bit worth!:thumbsup:

F

faithhealer

I have just picked up a PM from Sandra for this thread and replied.
With the Original Style tiles I find that it is advisable to screed a small 1sq metre area of prepared floor at a time lay all the Octagonals with the 2mm spacers and get them straight!
You can then infill the smaller numerous little pieces while the adhesive is still 'wet' - however this spacing is generally done by eye and the self spacing of the individual pieces
It is often not possible with the size of some of these tiles to put a 2mm spacer in the joint (even in the removable/reusable position) without pushing the tile out of alignment!
Just thought I'd add my old threepenny bit worth!:thumbsup:
Thrup penny bit surely John

D

doug boardley

I'll add mine then
5545880_1e821003e5.jpg

Reply to 2mm (1/8") 'Y' spacers for octagonal tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.