Search the forum,

Discuss Wrong self leveling compound? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

s wilks

We are currently laying electric underfloor heating in our kitchen in an area 7 sq m. We have laid 10mm insulation boards then the heating mat.

Browsed on here & discovered that self leveling seemed to be the best way to go so went and got some unibond self leveling compound. After laying it was reading a few more posts & see that it should be a flexible slc. :mad2:The unibond slc doesn't mention flexible on the bag. Have rung them & a chap in the technical department said that the formula for the slc is fairly similar to the flexi adhesive so might be ok. He said it will be tested for ufh compatability in the future.

What should we do now? Rip it all up & start from scratch or take a chance & lay the tiles (porcelain 600mm sq), wait a few weeks turn it on & hope for best.
Has anyone had any experience with this product?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

D

DHTiling

No problem.....the tiles are stuck to the membrane ... i,e ditra/durbase....the fleece is stuck to the slc so if it seperates then no prob as the tiles are stuck to the top coat...sort of like a floating floor but with no deflection issues...

It is just a solution and not a remedy for all jobs but will work...wetdecs also mentioned this method ages ago..

Different story if it was a timber floor.

Reply to Wrong self leveling compound? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.