Search the forum,

Discuss Will batten on Cinderblock hold Cement Board+ mortar + 4x4 tiles.? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I'm thinking maybe not?

I'm used to cement board so my go to. Maybe I can cement board the rest and use a different substrate for this wall that's lighter? Or will it be okay?

Maybe a sheet of plywood gives it more support? Do I screw in 2×4 into cinder instead? Thoughts?

Photos:

Reply to Will batten on Cinderblock hold Cement Board+ mortar + 4x4 tiles.? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays