Search the forum,

Discuss What do you use to mark your tiles for cuts... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

mmm .. i feel a wifey make up bag raid..:lol:

yep, even lipstick has its place - I don't like wearing it so don't mind sacrificing some age old lippy :lol: really handy when you need a bright mark :lol:

Another really good thing I discovered lately, if I have a really complicated shape on stained glass, I draw or trace the shape with marker pen onto some tracing paper (greaseproof paper will do), spread copydex on the back of it, glue it down on the tile and use my very wet ringsaw, what a beauty that is :) the saw cuts no problem along my marker lines, the paper and copydex can cope with the wet, and the copydex just pulls off easily afterwards, the glass is unmarked, an absolute doddle if you have a complicated shape :thumbsup:

U

user123

you must still have some from your "right said fred" days Dave:lol::lol::lol:

oh, I don't know - when I bumped into him the other day I thought he still brushed up rather well .. :lol:

Dave iT.jpg

U

user123

Hi. I use fine tipped cd marker pens most of the time. Think I used them from the time I started tiling. I get them from pound shops or computer stores. They come in a pack with Red, Green, blue and black. I also bought some pencils from tile trader to try out, but think CD marker pens work good on wet cutters.

Actually, I just started using them as well, on glass, was worried it wouldn't come off but it does, very handy :thumbsup:

Reply to What do you use to mark your tiles for cuts... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.