Search the forum,

Discuss Wetroom Grout Micro Cracks in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

C

Craig Hamilton

Hi looking for some advice I had my wetroom tiled with travertine about 4 months ago I noticed lots of very small cracks in the grout so I decided to removed the damaged areas and regrout them I used weber pro as that is what the tiler had used but I have noticed the new grout has some cracks already no traffics been on the floor just done yesterday I don't know what to do am I being over paranoid the full room is tanked with a membrane I have attached an image any advice would be great

Thank you
Craig
DSC_0039.JPG

O

One Day

If travertine (which is oh-so-porous) is used in wet areas without epoxy grout and saturation sealing with something very good, then I really hope the waterproofing in your wet room is top-drawer!!

Serious note now: If there is excessive movement on the tray it could cause the micro-cracks.
Do you know what kind of tray was installed and onto what?
A picture of the drain may yield further clues...

Reply to Wetroom Grout Micro Cracks in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays