Search the forum,

Discuss Trass adhesive question in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Trass is an additive to cement or lime, which when mixed with water reacts with calcium to create a hydraulic cementitious product which has high density and waterproofing properties, and that is why it is a good adhesive for softer stones.
Thus providing a good defence against efflorescence, as you said.

N

NZ_Tiler

Trass is an additive to cement or lime, which when mixed with water reacts with calcium to create a hydraulic cementitious product which has high density and waterproofing properties, and that is why it is a good adhesive for softer stones.
Thus providing a good defence against efflorescence, as you said.
Do you have any literature about this?
Thanks in advance

N

NZ_Tiler

In what form?
Can I ask for what reason do you want the literature,
are you looking for scientific evidence or are you trying to prove a point?
I trust your answer, just prefer to have something in writing published.

A tile shop we will be laying for is pushing us to use Sopro products over mapei. One reason was this trass adhesive. I would like to learn as much about it before using...

I

Italy

I trust your answer, just prefer to have something in writing published.

A tile shop we will be laying for is pushing us to use Sopro products over mapei. One reason was this trass adhesive. I would like to learn as much about it before using...
i use sopro brand,
I use the grip, similar to mapei mapegrip.
It sells the cercol, brand of adhesive.
CERCOL brand, was purchased by Mapei.

Reply to Trass adhesive question in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Let us know which brand of tiles adhesive you use. And the price per bag trade if possible. Let's see if there's is a disparity across the country.
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The saga of my hollow floor 50sqm continues. All tiles now lifted but there is adhesive around the edges of most tiles (800x800) and a small amount on the back. Whats the best method of cleaning...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are porcelain. I’ve just got to the end of my bag of Mapei flexible rapid set tile adhesive (powdered)...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays