Search the forum,

Discuss Tons Of Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

Never bought from any of them in 40 odd years.
These places tend to be retail and you should try and put your business towards a good trade supplier like CTD.
Even if the tiles are discounted it's usually from a high retail starting price and the ancillary products are always expensive.
Tile quality is often an excuse for poor installation but if it's what the customer wants ...... If you don't like them don't fix them because then it's your fault!

T

Time's Ran Out

This is the best job in the world!
If every tile was perfect we wouldn't be needed.
Almost a different project daily and creating something that will be admired for years to come.
In my experience if a tile is cheap they won't pay a decent rate for fixing.
A warped tile can still be used, but not in a design they may have originally wanted.
As earlier mentioned tile quality becomes an issue if you use it.
Enjoy.

Reply to Tons Of Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers? I'll tell you a funny story about how I got a job with Topps Tiles Newcastle and got top sales...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am a noob trying to tile our shower. Since the old tiles were taken off, some of that wall material has been taken off as well, so everything had to be smoothed. After smoothing with some...
Replies
Views
Hello I plan to tile our bathroom with 60x60 cm tiles (8 mm thick) and the shower (because of the slope from all sides) will be done with mosaic tiles (5x5 cm). After researching I came to the...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays