Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling On Ufh? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

As Gary says, contact the adhesive manufacturers tech dept, depending on who it is, they may do a site visit and give u further guidance Dale.

D

DriftFactory

Just to update this, the UFH is officially endorsed to tile directly on to by Mapei.. I'm going to pass on this job, can smell a rat somewhere and think it may end up being more hassle than it's worth. The client has said they'll pay £**sqm cash if anyone wants the job.. Job is in Weighbridge Surrey, KT13. If anyone wants it, drop me a pm and I'll send you the clients number.

Price removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

J Sid

water ufh in screed not electric
Unfortunately Dale, prices are not permitted in an open forum.
You weren't to know, so no problem.
There are places where prices can be discussed once you are accepted into the 'Tilers forum Arms' this is a private forum for Proffesional fixers only.
Which, when you fulfill the entry requirements, you'll be accepted in to.
Have a look at this.

How Do I Gain Entry To The TilersForums Arms (Professional Tiling Forum)?
bit slow there @3_fall :) I thought a shocking low price considering the risk involved:(

O

Old Mod

water ufh in screed not electric

bit slow there @3_fall :) I thought a shocking low price considering the risk involved:(
Haha I don't read everything as soon as its posted Julian, even I'm allowed time to sleep and rest haha
I don't disagree with u tho!
Not far from me either haha
But price is even further away! :D

J

J Sid

Haha I don't read everything as soon as its posted Julian, even I'm allowed time to sleep and rest haha
I don't disagree with u tho!
Not far from me either haha
But price is even further away! :D
must have been having a #AndysMorning ;)

U

Uheat - Neil

Hi All,

I'm new on here, just started advertising to do Tiling and quickly found myself in deep water. I'm a Carpenter/Joiner by trade, so over the years iv done tones of Kitchens and Bathrooms and quite a few big floor areas too, but the first few jobs Iv been to see are pretty big, ones a Collage Kitchen and Dining hall, 420sq meters of flooring and 185sq meters of walls..

The second job is the one I need help with, some tiler has already been in and laid about 40sq meters, there's another 100 meters to do. 600mm sq porcelain tiles.
The tiles have been laid directly on top of the underfloor heating pipes and polystyrene base, there's no screed and no membrane. Guessing this will not be ok?

Iv never tiled on to this type of UFH without a screed, and Iv never used Ditra, I'm guessing it's a good idea to use Ditra, but should it be fixed down at all? Glued perhaps?
Also some advise on expansion joints/strips would be good too, never used them before

Any help and advise will be greatly appreciated. :)

Kind regards
Dale
Hi Dale
Going forward , if you would like any help with underfloor heating we have a dedicated website www.uheat.co.uk and can offer great discounts to forum members..regards Neil

Reply to Tiling On Ufh? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen