Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling on asphalt stairs in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm after some advice please. I've been tiling a few years but never even asked to do the below job before.

I have been asked to tile the front steps and walkway of a Victorian House in Hammersmith. The current floor is in asphalt. In relatively ok condition with a few bubbles from the hot weather. Can I tile directly over this if I repair any cracks/bubbles and seal correctly?

If not I was thinking to spend the time removing the asphalt to hopefully expose concrete below. To then seal the concrete and repair and damage with some rapid set repair concrete etc. Once that's done seal again and then tile with relevant external adhesives and grout etc.

Do I need to put uncoupling membrane down first? Can I just tile over the asphalt? Pr shall I just tile over the concrete steps underneath, putting a slight fall on the steps to allow for water run off etc?

Any help much appreciated thanks!

Reply to Tiling on asphalt stairs in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen