Search the forum,

Discuss Tiles cracking and banging noises in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all
After some advise, got builder coming back today to investigate,

Everything they have done I have had problems with, from roofing to plumbing,

We have had our garage converted to kitchen, so they had to raise the floor area of garage with suspended floor to take it to same level as main house,

It was tiled with porcelain 600 x 600 tiles, last couple of weeks there has been banging noises coming from kitchen, and recently cracks have starting appearing, looks like they are cracking from underneath,

Any advise would be appreciated

Thanks
Samuel

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210209_075030_com.whatsapp.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 47

Attachments

• IMG_20210209_095748.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20210209_095741.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 46

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Yes straight on

They have just called here and said its the cold flowing under the suspended floor
They are wrong , first off you should not tile directly to a particle board and secondly those tiles are not solid bedded.

Reply to Tiles cracking and banging noises in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays