Search the forum,

Discuss Tilemaster Magix S reviews in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Uk
I need to restock on my adhesive and was thinking of using Magix S this time instead of Standard Setaflex.

Is anyone here using it?
What kind of coverage are people getting?
What is shrink back like?

Might try a few bags first but if it’s highly recommended I might bite the bullet and order a pallet.

Any reviews kindly appreciated.

Cheers people.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Uk
I've used it twice in slow and rapid form. First time I wasn't that into it, second time it felt alright, it's different ! Try half a dozen bags would be my suggestion

I think that’s a good shout, I think enough to do a couple of bathrooms to get a feel for it.

O

One Day

I've used plenty now, at least a few pallets and it's my preferred adhesive.
Can't say I've noticed any shrinking (although I mainly clip everything) but on everything from 600x600 floors to 3.2 x 1.6m magnum tiles, it's a joy to carry/mix/use.
Like all standard set lightweights, it stays "green" for a long time, so don't expect rock-solid dry bonds after 16hrs.

W

Waluigi

I’ve used about 4 bags now.

I thought it was OK. Mixes nicely, cleans up nicely and all that but I just found it didn’t bite as well as I’d like. Maybe just me I don’t know. Maybe I didn’t give it enough of a chance. I just didn’t feel compelled to make it my go to adhesive.

I would think twice about taking a punt and buying a pallet. There are adhesives I would suggest taking a punt on and would be incredibly surprised if you didn’t like them, magix isn’t one of them.

Reply to Tilemaster Magix S reviews in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays