Search the forum,

Discuss Thoughts please guys? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Just finished this tonight. Constructive criticism requested please boys.
image.jpg

nybor62

TF
rotherham
Cheers Tony, bearing in mind the layout was customer specification, the front brick face is getting tiled in a matching full bodied porcelain tile when they land.

I advised the tiles were not the right choice for the area however, she who must be obeyed, must!!!

nybor, zzzzzzzzz

dont take it to heart i was only kidding , nice job

The tiles were laid out several, several times, including ms paint drawings sent via email back and forth to decide on pattern. The angle on the return next to the window was around 49 degrees so it was offsetting the aesthetics on the border all the way round. The diamond idea came from said photograph.

£200 tip. I think that speaks volumes. I may be a product of the short course (NETT, 2 years with a time served tiler) but my dad was a stonemason, my sister a lawyer and brother a buyer, I defo took after my dad. If you would like to see his work look at the front facings of the Malmaison on the quayside (there's only one - Toon Toon) and also the Sage. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 160

Reply to Thoughts please guys? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a couple of years and the tiling business is going quite well but the book-keeper I was recommended...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for cutting large format porc? Ive been relatively lucky up until recently and been able to cut most of...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few ways to fix tile to bathroom walls. First you need to prepare the walls for tiling. Note that...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for tiling.I have removed the floor boards and plan to lay 18mm WBP plywood.The question is, what...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.