Search the forum,

Discuss spirit levels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Perry

ummmm ........pete, you seem a bit out numbered..lol

has anyone bought a stabila latley at a good price..?
as i said lemmings compare the bubbles and you will see the diffrence with the fatmax stabila and the milled model wich is better from stabila you wont be able to see the bubble lol compare them side by side bet they all buy superdry tea shirts as well lol stabila are much better at marketing and it was a stabila rep who told me what the most accurate level was a fisco and you wont get a better price than that one at costco

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
the lines on the fax max levels are too close to the bubble in my opinion I have an 1800 fatmax xl and a 1200 yellow fatmax from costco I dont think I will be replacing them as I prefer the stabila because you can see the tolerance on the vials better ,I havent seen any fisco levels any where for years but they are good levels,any one tried the AMI levels ?

Haha I like it Gary - you work to tolerances!!!! I was going to be a brain surgeon till I found out what tolerances they work to, not for me I thought far too great, so tiling it is then. :lol:

J

jonnyc

I bought four ami Aussie levels few months ago .they seem ok at moment and the price very good, but they do have a rolled edge that makes it difficult to see if there is a gap between level and tile or straightedge.
got fed up with stabilator couple of years back when they vials lost accuracy very quickly.his was on the better red cap ones.
went on to bmi German levels extra heavy duty that were supposed be the best are more expensive than stabiles best but hey we're the same problem.
to be honest I have a couple of old stabilator cheapest white or black end caps 1.8 mts that are still as good as when bought 10 years ago.also gt a couple of cheaply travois levels from way ack that still spot on.very dodgy market nowasdays to get a really good level

Reply to spirit levels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.