Search the forum,

Discuss Soft black adhesive removal in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hello all!! Great to be back here after a long while away!! My situation is: I have lifted some old lino tiles (asbestos free, got them tested!) and am now faced with a kitchen floor covered in this soft black adhesive (goes quite malleable when heated with a heat gun but very sticky) and I understand I cannot tile directly on top of it. I am not looking to cut corners but would just like to know HOW to deal with the problem. I can scrape it off but how do I clean the concrete substrate for the tile adhesive? The client wants to keep the price down so screed better avoided... Any comments from someone who has had a similar problem would be very welcome!!!

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
EPSOM
Its probably “Bitumen” which was commonly used to stick not only Lino tiles but Parquet flooring as well.
If the screed is in good condition below … I would prime/seal the floor or overlay with a 6mm backer board and go ahead with the Tiling.
Or … put down an anti crack Matt ….
You could always stick a tile down as a tester and see how well it sticks… (it will stick)!!
GW.

Reply to Soft black adhesive removal in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log burner on a plaster render on blockwork wall. I’m planning to score and scrape the paint off the...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays