Search the forum,

Discuss So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

lol-031.gif

J

Just Rizzle

did 16 mtrs floor at the forbidden corner near middleham this morning, go back tomorrow to grout . then helped my son lay a large format karndean floor in the afternoon. then did a bit of coving at there house I'm doing up,
flat out at the moment . cant wait for the weekend of to twickers for the 6 nations game against the irish. itll belike watching ants play in the upper south stand block u49 row j

Q

Qwerty

looks nice mate but why didn't you follow your walls through the floor, and canter the panel to the centre of the tray I presume there's a cubical going up

Walls are portrait & do line up with the floor tiles (only on the end wall of course). This does of course vary slightly at the edge of the room as 2mm grout joint on walls & 3mm on floor. Everything was the customers exact choice mate.....had the below plans to work to. I would have put them on the ceiling if he told me & paid me to!!!!
The only change he made as I was fixing was the layout of the bond of the tiles to the right of the mosaic.

image.png
image.png
image.png

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
hate it when some one gives me plans to work to I all ways ask them how long have they been tiling.

I did a job for a graphic designer and he had laid out the plans exactly the same tile for tile, but he wasn't that smart, he forgot the grout joints and had the window slightly out of position which in turn threw everything out, so I taught him a lesson and told him to go and buy 2 more boxes of tiles as he'd bought the exact number of tiles required

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
the only plan I have ever done tile for tile is the one on my aviator as each tile was only correct in that position as it was a 5 x7 mtr ellipse. engineers do my head was he checking with his micromiter .

One of my customers asked what tolerances I worked to. I told him I was training to be a brain surgeon but the tolerances weren't fine enough so I changed my career to tiling, made him smile.

Or like my plumber says when you ask him what tolerances he works to, he just says if he's in the right street that close enough, with a wry smile.

P

p4ulo

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Yes, it is a shame. What's annoying is that nothing is central in that room to anything at all. Even the basin unit is off centre just as he wanted!!!

Still, made them a light pull with the off cuts

View attachment 80303

Its a wonder we met up with the French with him on the project then, but then again, was it really a good job we did? :rolleyes:

Reply to So How Was Your Day? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can be found HERE but is quite long so not as easy to find specific posts. So tell us what you are up...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays