Search the forum,

Discuss SLC over UFH wires or not? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stan001

As per my other post, my customer wants to have under floor heating from a company called Heat Mat. He also thinks he should have SLC over the mat, and in fact that’s what I was planning. But, I’ve looked on their website and their suggested construction is either with or without SLC. The Nicobond wire mat system doesn’t need SLC, neither does Warmup, just flex addy solid bed. I guess I have to check the spec of the covering on the Heat Mat Ltd product (is it anti nick?).
So – do you guys normally put SLC over your wires or don’t bother now ref the new breed of tough wires? And if you don’t SLC do you have any issues with your trowel picking up on the wires? Or do you in effect back-butter the wires in-situ to give a smooth plane to now notch trowel on to? Or is there a false-economy ref SLC cost vs cost of extra addy?
(if I can get the customer to go to another system that definitely doesn’t need SLC that will save me and him time and money)

Reply to SLC over UFH wires or not? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.