Search the forum,

Discuss Schlüter Kerdi Board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

Waluigi

Often I see it being used in the US and Canada.

It’s incredibly rare to see anyone use it in the UK or GB

I’m wondering why this is?

Could it be cost or could it be that the Price isn’t so much of an issue over the pond and a higher price is paid in general for Tiling/Prep work.

I’ve used the board a few times since it’s release and really like it. I do sometimes specify it on the high end work but as a general rule any standard XPS board will be far cheaper.

It’s a shame really as I’d like to use more Kerdi.

I’m still waiting to see if it has any weak points. XPS tile backer boards does.

G

GoneGuy

If I can I always specify @Schlüter-Systems Ltd kerdi boards in wetrooms.
The only downside i find is that it’s knly available in 600mm widths.

FA4CCB62-DBA2-4C01-8023-41AE3BB09FBA.jpeg

O

One Day

That’s one thing they don’t use in the States- Kerdi-Coll. Just standard ‘thin set’

I wonder why we out spec them?
Coz testing has to satisfy Europe, not just the UK. Ansi testing is only for the US so they can please themselves.
It is very frustrating that the US with some pretty extreme weather can use things externally that we "can't".

Reply to Schlüter Kerdi Board in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays