Search the forum,

Discuss SBR primer in bathroom before tiling? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Thanks Rae, appreciated
Should I prime bare plaster in the bathroom with SBR before tiling? I've heard it will help with the water resistance and help the tile adhesion. The tile sizes are 600x300.

Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers Brian.
Don’t apply neat or too strong. It’ll skin. 5:1 should suffice and check your weight limits fir tiling.

Reply to SBR primer in bathroom before tiling? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I have the old stock no more ply down unprimed. (Their new stock comes pre-primed). Mapei suggested using Primer G before tiling with keraflex maxi s1. They did not recommend using SBR for some...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log burner on a plaster render on blockwork wall. I’m planning to score and scrape the paint off the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays