Search the forum,

Discuss Retired Engineers in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I thought it was just me that gets them.........Full on OCD merchants that notice every 100th of a mill out.

You wait till you get one who works to really fine tolerances, 100th of a mill maybe the tolerance to what a brain surgeon works to but that's just playing at it :rolleyes:

H

hmtiling

I'm working with British Ceramic Tiles this week so I'm only working to the nearest 10mm ish :tearsofjoy: The bloke is a retired architect so not quite as bad but, I did point out that his tiles were "not of the highest quality!"
They are **** poor. Last time I used them I needed 2,3,4mm spacers and wedges. I noticed in the box that it says tta approved!

I

Ian

They are **** poor. Last time I used them I needed 2,3,4mm spacers and wedges. I noticed in the box that it says tta approved!
Yeah utter garbage, it's not just the sizing differences, loads of them are out of square too (I'm sure you know that though!), always the HD printed ones. I've had uncalibrated slate that's been easier to fit!

O

Old Mod

I'm working with British Ceramic Tiles this week so I'm only working to the nearest 10mm ish :tearsofjoy: The bloke is a retired architect so not quite as bad but, I did point out that his tiles were "not of the highest quality!"

I had my one and only row with a client in 35yrs over those tiles, for that exact reason!
He paid in full on the spot tho! Haha

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Bring it on I say! My current customer is a retired engineer and I've been challenging him to pull my work up.
So far so good... I finish tomorrow.

Have you seen him with this yet? It tests for surface flatness by laser, if he brings one out, don't bother leaving an invoice ;)

18003-2445705.jpg

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

first day on job you say why does your car look out of balance spents the whole day measuring his car next day looks like the pointing is coming out have you got a little movment thats two days gone next day it must be the gutting over flowing anther day gone .next day that kitchen looks out of level did it look like that when it was fitted anther two days gone .his mind is so gone its time to get paid and move on

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I did a bathroom for an ex engineer , he drew every tile on the wall before I started , least to say his setting out was abysmal lol lol.

He seen my way of thinking once tiled.

Had that with a graphic designer who did the setting out on cad and forgot the joints the dopey b$~<>%#d

Reply to Retired Engineers in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays