Search the forum,

Discuss Recommendations for suppliers (marble/limestone floor tiles) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere to get some marble/limestone floor tiles from? I got some good advice here after my bathroom tiling disaster and was hoping for some advice to avoid a repeat!

I like this Belgravia Honed Marble from Mandarin Stone (but was disappointed by the quality of the travertine I got from them for my bathroom).

Cheers for any advice :beercheers:

C

Concrete guy

Do an online search for Crema Marfil and look for a Spanish sourced product.

As a general rule of thumb, the cleaner the stone, the less veins and natural vents and inclusions the more disproportionately expensive it will become.

For the purity of stone in the image you linked to you're not going to be paying less than £150 sq/m and I'd be surprised of the Mandarin stone product actually looked like the image.

If you want something that clean and consistent you're better of with a Porcelain replica which will be cheaper to fit, easier to maintain and keep it's appearance substantially longer. It also won't require a daily maintenance routine to keep it looking great.

The beauty of stone and marble in particular is the inclusions, the inconsistencies, the shades, colours, fossils etc. If you want purity and consistency go with man made, particularly for flooring.

Reply to Recommendations for suppliers (marble/limestone floor tiles) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for tiling.I have removed the floor boards and plan to lay 18mm WBP plywood.The question is, what...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to tile a simple drywall construction in our bathroom. I got some good advice here so I hope you guys...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays