Search the forum,

Discuss rant mode on in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
This might be one for Ray but how do you politely/professionally explain to customers, who are otherwise perfectly intelligent adults, that adopting the gait of someone who's shat themselves whilst on their tippy toes in no way influences their bodyweight or grants them the Jesus like ability to walk on water?

Last edited:
H

hmtiling

This might be one for Ray but how do you politely/professionally explain to customers, who are otherwise perfectly intelligent adults, that adopting the gait of someone who's shat themselves whilst walking on their tippy toes in no way influences their bodyweight or grants them the Jesus like ability to walk on water?
hahahah! i feel your pain! i had one the other week, a retired doctor, who walked on unset tiles after taking his shoes off and thought that would be ok!

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
I had one, I came back the morning after, someone had walked right across the floor and back, you could see where each step had been made,she said id left it it like that :)
id put straight edges and levels at the too of the stairs (it was a cellar kitchen) with a big sign, it had been taken away.
After a few choice words, i came to the conclusion that as it was a old house " "it must be the ******* ghost then love"
Which she didnt take to well, grabbed my arm marched me upstairs telling me her husband is on his way home to sort me out.
I waited for a while, for the husband, he never came, he had obviously seen my 5.8 frame and my little hands and thought better of it :) :) i politely knocked on the door, asked for my tools and never went back .

Glasgow
The old days of octagon and dot i did a small bathroom floor told the lady I would be back in the morning to grout it and not to walk over it over night . I returned the next day to find tiles all butted together and no joints a said to her that I told her not to walk on it overnight she replied I didn't I just mopped it from the door . "OH DID I LAUGH" not

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Did a porch Monday and had to clear half a ton of shoes, flip flops, wellies, bicycle helmets, coats, toy boxes etc... etc...
Turned up to start kitchen splashback today at same house:

20170522_102435.jpg

There's 2 more walls of crap like that you can't see.
Some people really are dumbass, clueless, lazy t##ts
Grrrrr

O

On one

Did a porch Monday and had to clear half a ton of shoes, flip flops, wellies, bicycle helmets, coats, toy boxes etc... etc...
Turned up to start kitchen splashback today at same house:

View attachment 90897

There's 2 more walls of crap like that you can't see.
Some people really are dumbass, clueless, lazy t##ts
Grrrrr
I've met this scene before and the customer has said ''what do you want me to move''

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
I've worked in houses like that, squander everywhere, you cant move for it.
Once did job for and old boy a total horder of true documentry style, scaffolding sections proped up against the dining room table (not that you could see it) and rotten apples strewn all over the floors downstairs he kept bringing in from the apple tree.

Reply to rant mode on in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays