Search the forum,

Discuss Quarry tile floor needs replacing in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Hi guys,
I’m new to this forum so apologies if already discussed but couldn’t find anything.

I’ve had a survey done on a house I’m purchasing and the surveyor noticed quarry tiles in the living room under the carpet. This has caused damp on the floor and it’s also present in the walls.

He recommends getting all of this removed, and having the floor replaced with concrete and DPM installed.

I’m struggling to find the right companies to quote for this, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated as well as approximate costs for this?

Very happy to get stuck in myself but imagine I’d need a professional to lay the concrete to ensure it’s done properly.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to Quarry tile floor needs replacing in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays