Search the forum,

Discuss Quarry tile dilemma in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all , I’ve just purchased a Victorian semi and appreciate so many of the original features however, the one feature I can’t get on board with are these quarry tiles in thee dining room. What options do I have ? I’ve read that they need to breathe and cannot be covered but that also often they are a nightmare to take up as they don’t have the appropriate base layer.

All the forums I can find are telling me how to clean them but I absolutely do not want to make them any more red , quite the opposite.

24259C86-B2E6-4821-A23F-15C3EB0E06BC.png

Reply to Quarry tile dilemma in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are porcelain. I’ve just got to the end of my bag of Mapei flexible rapid set tile adhesive (powdered)...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays