Search the forum,

Discuss Preparing for tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi, I'm getting a lot of mixed advice and was wondering what the right thing for long lasting tiles. The old tiles have all been removed and trying to arrange the walls for the new tiles. The tiler has said he will tile straight onto the wall, the builder is saying plaster and the electrician is saying dot & dab boards. I'm going to be using 80 x 80 porcelain tiles so was wondering about the weight of the tiles with dot & dab. These are the pictures of the walls.Please advice as so confused.

Screenshot_20210321-205328_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20210321-205339_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20210321-205341_Messenger.jpg

Reply to Preparing for tiles in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays