Search the forum,

Discuss Polishing marble down for smooth flush finish to correct cowboy tilling? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Our Kitchen has marble tiles that are about 30mm of marble and was tilled poorly years ago. As we are having nice extension done we thought it could make it look bad so wanted to fix it and thought maybe if we took all the grout out and polished the marble until it is flush and smooth on all planes as we have 30mm to play with anyways so we thought it might be possible. And then of course we will re grout it and should look a lot better. Has anyone done this or heard of someone doing this? Or would it take far too long to do the job out kitchen is probably only about 35 sqm of marble tiling and, at most the tiles are only out by 2 or 3 mm. Anyone got any advice?

Many thanks.

Reply to Polishing marble down for smooth flush finish to correct cowboy tilling? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays