Search the forum,

Discuss Plywood or Backer Board? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I'm about to tile my kitchen with 600mm x 600mm porcelain tiles. I am tiling onto a subfloor, which already has 22mm floorboards. When I previously tiled onto this floor I used 6mm Plywood, this was 12 years ago. I am planning in ripping up the old tiles and 6mm of ply. What Im now trying to understand, is whats best to use 6mm Hardie backer or 6mm Ply, Ply is less hassle. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Reply to Plywood or Backer Board? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm planning to tile my kitchen floor with 8mm porcelain floor tiles (660x440mm). My kitchen floor is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are tiling our kitchen with limestone tiles - we have already done it in the hallway and are carryin on through - The Hallway was floorboards so I used No more ply and this worked fine -...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber floor in our barn conversion. The area is large, 21m x 8m. Having spoken to various UFH suppliers I...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays