Search the forum,

Discuss pebbles for area under shower - how to fix in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

hfj

TF
suffolk
Hello. I'm building a shower/wet area in my upstairs bathroom. It's got a timber floor. I'm using a pre-formed wetroom tray which has a central drain.

I want to use flat pebbles as a base in the shower area. They are a variety of sizes from 15mm to 45mm diameter.

I've got the pebbles, but I am not sure what I should be using to bed them down on the wetroom tray. The pebbles are dark grey, and I was looking to use a dark grey grout in between.

Should I put down a layer of tile adhesive first, bed the pebbles in that, and then grout between? Or something else?

Any suggestions on how to get a smooth, fluid appearance of the 'grout' between the stones?

Any suggestions on the type of adhesive (if needed) and grout that I should use?

Thanks!

Reply to pebbles for area under shower - how to fix in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully screwed in. The Tiler laid my 5mm hex mosaic tiles on a 2mm bed, so obvs wasn't going to drain. I took...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays