Search the forum,

Discuss Pay scales for working away from home.. in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tile Shop

The day rate prices I have heard swing anywhere between very little to very high. Geography and the type of work has alot to do with it which is why it is so variable so almost impossible to say whether it is right or wrong.

Take the £150, see how many days you will actually be charging for (be realistic), work out your own personal business expenses for those 8 months, van bills, fuel, wear and tear on tools, phone, accommodation, tax or whatever else you need to fork out. See whats left and ask yourself if its a wage you can live on and be happy with.

As Antonio says prices aren't generally discussed in the open forum but there was a very eye opening thread started by the forum boss a while back (which meant it was ok on this occasion ;)).

Tiling Price Base Rate - Let's Do This! - http://www.tilersforums.com/threads/tiling-price-base-rate-lets-do-this.78032/

Maybe that will give you some idea.

Reply to Pay scales for working away from home.. in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Post a New Thread for Each Tiling Job Completed. Rather than using the Show us Your Work Thread - which has more than 500,000 views, and thousands of posts to scroll through - we thought it would...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses in Stoke On Trent’s Once Thriving Ceramics and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Beginner Tiling Courses 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 Day Tiling Courses? These are brilliant for a DIY person wishing to do their home. They’re also good as an introduction to the tiling game as a whole...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers? I'll tell you a funny story about how I got a job with Topps Tiles Newcastle and got top sales...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays