Search the forum,

Discuss Opinions , 20mm screed removal in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

upload_2019-4-20_12-34-14.jpeg

C

Concrete guy

Last edited by a moderator:

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gateshead NE8, UK
I've been to look at a screed part of which is 20mm higher than the rest . Easy option screed up , but that's going to take £700 of levelling .
So options I see .
Grind it , score/cut into sections with disc cutter and kango or take that piece of screed right out .
Any bright ideas and options welcome
How big is the area you need to remove? Can you not fix 20mm backer board

D

Dumbo

Albert's idea would work but is very very labour intensive.
Grinding with dust control would be physically easier.
Whatever you do it's going to be an expensive soul destroying pig of a job.

Personally, I'd offer suggestions to the customer on how it could be done, and offer to come back when it is done!
I was thinking . "You best get the builder back to sort his shoddy work out , I will also leave this yellow stick which has a bubble in it. "

Reply to Opinions , 20mm screed removal in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays