Search the forum,

Discuss No More Ply, Or Insulation Boards? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

how do chaps, been reading on here from time to time and thought I would sign up, so,ex good info on here.
I have a job coming up, 90sqm or large format porcelain.
The floor is concrete and is having underfloor heating mat throughout. The question is what to put down first, just concerned about the foam boards, apparently, the tech support for the foam boards said a 6mm screed of slc would be required over the wires to give it the strength. Sounds dodg to me. no more ply stuck down with flexi rapid gonna be a good option ?

H

hmtiling

It looks like they have ordered the no more ply so will be going down that route!
i wouldn't use nmp on a solid floor. The 6mm ones have a tendency to curl up when fixed with addy and not screwed. The insulation boards are definitely the way to go. Fixed down with rapid and slc on top.

T

Tile Shop

On a solid base, Marmox Multiboard can handle 40 tonnes per m2. Does King Kong visit often? It has been designed with this very purpose in mind, so I doubt very much its going to fail. The SLC will also help evenly spread the weight and heat distribution.

Also, using nomoreply will allow heat to go down into the subfloor aswell as up.... It will therefore run less efficiently and your running costs will be higher.

Reply to No More Ply, Or Insulation Boards? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays