Search the forum,

Discuss Mosaic tiles step edge in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi am tiling a wet room with 5mm thick porcelain mosaic tiles (hexagons 5x5cm). The wet room is between walls and has a small step to get in and I would like the mosaic to wrap around the step. How can I finish the step nosing edge.

I tried to mitre but not very good at it and haven’t managed to get a good enough finish with that technique. I was also considering a metal trim but am worried that the tiles are to thin and the weight of someone stepping on the trim will cause the tiles to crack?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Reply to Mosaic tiles step edge in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to tile a simple drywall construction in our bathroom. I got some good advice here so I hope you guys...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays