Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for weekend work experience (No payment,just experience) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

L B Oxford

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the Oxfordshire area and working in the plumbing trade and have 8 years experience. I have done a lot of bathroom installations in domestic properties and have also worked on site a lot too.
I am trying to take up tiling as a full time career. I attended a training course a few years back, got myself some great tools and have done a few bathroom walls and floors as well as kitchen walls and laid tiles onto utility room floors.

The problem I have come across is I don't get the chance for consistent tiling work which is what I really need to develop my skills and gain more knowledge of the trade and besides I really enjoy it. The only way I can see me being able to improve my skills is to find some weekend work experience which I do not expect any earnings from, the experience is all I am asking.

• I am available weekends
  • hold a full UK driving license and have my own means of transport
  • have worked in construction for over 8 years
  • Am willing to share my knowledge of the plumbing trade

If anyone in the oxfordshire or nearby area (Bucks,Berks, ect.) could help and would like to make some arrangements please contact me by private message or by email.

my email address: [email protected]

Many Thanks,
Liam,Oxford

n8rbos

TF
wigan
I too am a qualified plumber/part 'p' spark,I do all my own alterations e.g .knock walls through/construct walls,plastering,carpentry,wall and floor tiling etc. most of these trades were self taught through trial and error,e.g. I boarded garage and plastered and plastered, I admire your willingness to work for nothing to gain experience,I too did this, but be careful manya person wil use you for ages teaching you not (hopefully not here lol). I did it this way because you get a plumber in to do first fix then you fit your tiles then plumber comes back and hopefully iit,s as smooth as that,in reality it isn't andyoulose money waiting,same goes for other trades .if you can do plumbing and tiling that's twice the potential of work,if you can fit a. Bathroom and tile it saves the customer havingtofind other trade and you can jiggle things round to suit and a continuance of work.hope this makes sense to you.take your time at tiling ask advice,plenty available inc. at some tiling shops and enjoy.

L

L B Oxford

Just thought I would give this thread a quick update.

Been working with Jeff The Tiler the past 2 weekends on one of his jobs.
It was a conservatory/kitchen floor and the tiles were porcelain (can't remember what size lol).

Anyway it was great as I learned a lot,got some great tips,gained some experience and above all jeff is a top bloke and great to work with.

Thanks Jeff.
:thumbsup:

Reply to Looking for weekend work experience (No payment,just experience) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.