Search the forum,

Discuss Laura Ashley tiles changing colour in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mike1979

Guys and gals I've just had a call from a lady that had ceramic Laura Ashley tiles fitted in her kitchen I haven't gone to take a look yet the jobs only 5 mins away so going later she is worried as the tiler won't go back there so I said I'd come not to criticize the work just to take a look at the tiles any way she says the tiles have changed colour from cream to a pinky sort of colour anyone got ideas as why many thanks

M

mike1979

I've just come back From looking at them and I can't really see a problem she hates them the tiler used norcross tubbed sticky and norcross powdered white grout

Attachments

• image.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 115
F

Fliselege

Reminds me of a job my boss told me about he did years ago. Customer told him what tiles she wanted so he picked them up and did the job. She came home and burst into tears, said they were wrong tiles so he had to take them all down. He went back to tile shop to complain they'd given him wrong tiles. They hadn't, she'd seen them in a display but due to different lighting the colour looked totally different. Can't remember the outcome but I think he got paid in full for tiling, removing and retiling in different tiles.

H

Handyeire

Reflective light...

Maybe its the adhesive and funny enough, I was gona start a thread about something similar so thought I'd just hijack this one. You see, I bought a pallet of adhesive that's made in turkey, standard set and its in 2 batch's, c1 & c2, both floor and wall adhesive and C2 can be used for porcelain. C1 is grey and c2 is white. I've used c2 on all bottom row of tiles because its quicker set but wanting to know is it OK to use the grey grout on top tiles if they are a creamy colour face. I've always used white adhesive on light tiles so I'm entering uncharted waters here if I use the grey I have. I'm thinking it should be fine but thought I'd ask here first just in case. As for the creamy tiles, they are the reddish colour back you see in all ceramic tiles.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Same thing that happened to Fliselege's boss happened to me. The lady I was tiling for insisted I take all the tiles back to the shop. Luckily I had not stuck them to the wall. The shop insisted they were the same tiles as she had chosen. Eventually, she was convinced that the lighting in the shop and that the fact the tiles were grouted within the display caused her eyes to believe they were a different colour.
I tiled and grouted the tiles in her kitchen and she was delighted.

It was the grout that made all the difference. and as Alan says the colour of the paint will also fool the eye.

Reply to Laura Ashley tiles changing colour in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays